What Are the 2016 Chrysler Town and Country Safety Features and Ratings?
The 2016 Chrysler Town and Country offers the kind of safety features that Calgary, Vancouver, and Edmonton drivers expect from a minivan of this caliber, and nowhere is that clearer than in the recent safety ratings. To better illustrate the Town and Country’s value, we’ve compiled a brief overview of active and passive safety features and the latest crash-testing information for your review. With standard features to make driving safer and new options that help to help drivers look out for obstacles, it’s no wonder the Town and Country has become such a popular choice at Derrick Dodge.
The 2016 Chrysler Town and Country recently underwent stringent crash and safety testing in the U.S., checking the vehicle not only for crash-worthiness but for passenger protection as well. Not surprisingly, the family-friendly minivan scored well on all counts.
When tested by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the Town and Country received “Good” scores for Moderate Overlap Front, Side Impact, Rear, and Roof Strength crash testing. This is the highest score the organization offers for these tests.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration scored the minivan similarly well, giving it an overall rating of 4-stars, with a perfect 5-star safety score in the side-impact category.
The Chrysler Town and Country offers a long list of options designed to help drivers avoid trouble on the roads, including:
- Stability Control – In order to help control the vehicle in all weather, Chrysler offers standard Electronic Stability Control with All-speed Traction Control, Trailer Sway Control, and Brake Assist.
- Backup Camera – The ParkView rear backup camera is standard and can be combined with features like Park-Sense Rear Park Assist and Blind-Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross-Path Detection to help monitor the areas around the van and help drivers avoid obstacles.
- 4-Wheel ABS – The available 4-wheel disc brakes with ABS helps drivers to maintain control of the vehicle even during emergency braking maneuvers by providing impressive gripping power.
If a collision is not avoidable, the 2016 Chrysler Town and Country is engineered to keep cabin occupants safe with innovative features:
- Advanced Airbags – Front multistage airbags use sensors to determine the size of front-seat passengers inflating at different rates as necessary to prevent injury to small occupants. Side outboard airbags cover the windows and protect second and third-row passengers from injury.
- Enhanced Accident Response (EAR) – The EAR system is activated in the event of a crash, automatically turning on interior lights, unlocking doors, and cutting off the flow of gas to the engine.
- Unibody Construction – The Chrysler is engineered with tougher materials for a more rigid cabin that is flanked by special crumple zones that are designed to fold when in a collision, reducing the force felt by the passengers.
Explore the 2016 Chrysler Town and Country Safety Features Available to Calgary, Vancouver, and Edmonton Drivers
Contact an associate at Derrick Dodge Chrysler, Jeep, Ram at (780) 435-3611 to learn more about the influential new Chrysler Town and Country safety features available to Calgary, Vancouver, and Edmonton shoppers. To schedule a test-drive, come see us at 6211 104th Street in Edmonton, AB today.