The 2016 Dodge Challenger Performance Specs Leave Competitors in the Dust
As one of the longest running muscle cars in the industry, the 2016 Dodge Challenger performance specs and features have come to define it for our Edmonton, Alberta, and Calgary drivers. With four different engine options, there’s a Challenger for nearly any driver, whether seeking a simple, entry-level model for the style or going all out for the Hellcat’s 707 hp of performance.
Dodge vehicles have a legacy of power and performance, and the 2016 Dodge Challenger performance specs start with the engine:
- 3.6L V6: The standard 3.6L V6 engine is capable of 305 hp and 268 lb.-ft. of torque, paired to an eight-speed automatic transmission for smooth shifting.
- 5.7L HEMI: Step up the performance with the 5.7L V8 HEMI, capable of 375 hp and 410 lb.-ft. of torque and mated with your choice of the eight-speed automatic or a six-speed manual transmission.
- 6.4L HEMI: Upgrade even further to the 6.4L HEMI V8 with 485 hp and 475 lb.-ft. of torque, also available with either the six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic.
- 6.2L Hellcat: At the top of the Challenger’s engine lineup is a 6.2L supercharged HEMI V8, the Hellcat engine. Capable of 707 hp and 650 lb.-ft. of torque, the Hellcat is paired to either an eight-speed automatic or six-speed manual.
Surprising Fuel Economy
Many drivers expect cars like the Challenger to guzzle gas, but Dodge engineering has built efficient yet powerful muscle cars:
- The V6 Engine: Despite kicking out over 300 hp, the V6 is capable of fuel efficiencies as impressive as 7.8 L/100 km.
- The HEMI V8s: Both of the HEMi engines have fuel economies that justify joyrides, with the 5.7L HEMI earning up to 9.3 L/100 km and the 6.2L HEMI earning up to 9.5 L/100 km.
- The Hellcat: The Hellcat, for all its power, is more of a kitten when it comes to efficiency with its 10.7 L/100 km fuel economy.
Additional Performance Features
As impressive as the engines are, the 2016 Dodge Challenger performance specs wouldn’t be what they are without the help of other features beyond:
- Performance Pages: Take your understanding of performance to the next level with the Dodge Performance Pages app through the 8.4-inch Uconnect touchscreen that reports braking distances, acceleration times, lap times, and even G-force levels.
- Transmissions: The standard eight-speed automatic transmission and available six-speed manual transmission bring the convenience of a smooth shifting auto or the familiar feel of the clutch beneath your foot.
- Shaker Hood: This throwback to a classic Challenger does more than just add good looks to the vehicle; it increases the ventilation and gets the most out of the V8 engine.
- Brembo Brakes: The hallmark of a true performance vehicle, Brembo braking goes far beyond the stock brakes, letting your Challenger stop on a dime when it comes time to give the engine a break.
- Performance Tuning: A shorter axle ratio and performance tuned brakes, suspension, and steering bring improved control beyond the stock features found on the SXT trim.
Test Drive the 2016 Dodge Challenger Performance Specs Near Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver Today
The 2016 Dodge Challenger performance specs are one of the top priorities for many of our drivers in Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. Of course, with a vehicle like the Challenger, you owe it to yourself to see how it performs beyond simply reading its specs. Visit Derrick Dodge at 6211 104th St in Edmonton to get behind the wheel; contact our sales team online or give us a call at 780-435-3611 to schedule your test drive.