2016 Dodge Challenger Safety Features are State of the Art
While it might be known for its performance, the 2016 Dodge Challenger safety features have to be some of the best in the business when dealing with an engine that is capable of as much as 707 hp. Standard passenger protection features and frame engineering work to protect drivers in the event of an accident while advanced safety tech helps to actively prevent a collision. The result is a muscle car Alberta, Calgary, and Edmonton drivers can love without compromising on safety.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is one of the leading safety organizations in the auto industry, and the 2016 Dodge Challenger safety features helped it earn some of the highest ratings:
- Overall Safety: Five Stars
- Frontal Crash Safety: Four Stars
- Side Crash Safety: Five Stars
- Rollover Safety: Four Stars
These safety ratings are impressive for a family car, and you’ll find them on the Challenger muscle car, supplementing its powerful V6 and V8 engines.
The NHTSA safety ratings in particular come from a range of passenger protection features, the technologies most drivers likely think of when they hear “2016 Dodge Challenger safety features.”
- Airbags: Six airbags help cushion front and rear passengers with just the right amount of force in the event of an accident. Front, front side, and side curtain airbags offer full coverage for the cabin.
- Brakes: Whether the standard four-wheel antilock disc brakes or the available Brembo brakes, the Challenger’s braking system is designed to bring the thundering power to a halt in seconds when needed.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring: This system keeps an eye on your tires’ air pressure to alert you to any losses in air pressure that could affect traction or performance.
- Reactive Front Head Restraints: In the event of a rear-end accident, the front seats have reactive front head restraints that help reduce the risk of injury to the neck and head.
The modern view of 2016 Dodge Challenger safety features is something beyond the standards of airbags and seat belts, and the latest safety technology pushes the envelope just as much as the Challenger’s connectivity features.
- ParkView Back-Up Camera: The available rearview camera automatically displays what’s behind the Challenger when you shift into reverse, complete with dynamic grids that help you back up with peace of mind.
- Blind-Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross-Path Detection: Rear radar detectors are able to monitor the blind spots of your Challenger and signal with a visual icon on the side mirror whether there’s a vehicle in the blind spot before switching lanes. The radar detection can also notice if a vehicle is crossing your path before backing up, giving you more confidence when leaving a driveway or parking spot.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Forward Collision Warning: This available safety system monitors the vehicles surrounding you and ensures your cruise control stays at the right speed while the forward collision warning system actually detects if you’re approaching too quickly and alerts you to the possible accident to prevent it before it might happen.
Discover the 2016 Dodge Challenger Safety Features Near Calgary, Vancouver, and Edmonton Today
We know most drivers come to the Challenger for its power, but the 2016 Dodge Challenger safety features give you the peace of mind you need to enjoy that power. The 2016 Dodge Challenger safety features give you the confidence to enjoy what a true muscle car is capable of on the Calgary, Vancouver, and Edmonton streets. Visit Derrick Dodge at 6211 104th St in Edmonton to get behind the wheel. You can also contact us online or by phone at 780-435-3611 to schedule a test drive and see the Challenger in person.