The 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan Safety Features
The 2016 Dodge Caravan is a leading minivan with the safety features that make it perfect for families here in the Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver area. It offers plenty of space, a versatile interior, and the latest technology. Most families probably put safety above everything else, and the Grand Caravan comes through with both passenger protection and accident prevention technologies. Find out about the Grand Caravan and its safety features here at Derrick Dodge.
The Grand Caravan is offered with a variety of sophisticated safety technologies that help avoid accidents before they happen, including:
- Blind Spot Monitoring: This important feature helps make lane changes safer by monitoring your blind spots and warning you if there is an obstacle or other vehicle in the way when you try to signal a lane change.
- Rear Cross Path Detection: This sophisticated feature uses radar to detect vehicles in your path when you’re moving in reverse.
- Parkview Rear Backup Camera: Every time you shift into reverse in a Grand Caravan equipped with this feature, you see a wide angle unobstructed view out the back via a camera displayed on the in-car screen. There are even gridlines to help you navigate into small spaces.
- ParkSense Rear Park Assist: This feature provides a warning if you move to closely to an object behind you.
The 2016 Grand Caravan is equipped with a variety of important injury prevention features that help prevent or reduce the chances of injury, even in the event of a collision:
- Air Bags: Seven airbags are arrayed around the cabin in an effort to eliminate injuries during an accident. These include front, front side, side curtain, and rear airbags, all of which are standard.
- Active Head Restraints: Active Head Restraints in the front seats can help prevent neck or spinal injuries caused by a rear end collision.
- Crumple Zones: The Grand Caravan is engineered with crumple zones that help prevent injuries in an accident by absorbing and distributing crash forces, and directing them away from the passenger compartment.
- High-strength Steel: The passenger compartment is crafted from high strength steel to endure even serious crash forces intact, in order to protect all occupants from harm.
Learn More About the 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan Safety Features Near Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver
To find out more about the 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan, and what its safety features might mean for your Edmonton, Calgary, or Vancouver commute, be sure to stop by Derrick Dodge today at 6211 104th Street in Edmonton. Feel free to visit us or contact us online with any questions about the current Grand Caravan.