New 2025 Ram 1500 with More Powerful, More Fuel-efficient Hurricane Engine Family Unveiled
The no-compromise benchmark in durability, advanced technology, safety and efficiency with exceptional and innovative features
- New 2025 Ram 1500 offers all-new, more powerful and more efficient 3.0-liter Hurricane and 3.0-liter Hurricane High Output (H/O) Straight-Six Turbo (SST) engines
- Ram Trucks will offer customers a complete lineup of segment-leading gas and electric trucks that get the hard work done and families where they need to go
- All-new Tungsten trim sits atop the lineup and once again raises the no-compromise benchmark for upscale pickup trucks loaded with best-in-class technology
- An on-board power inverter can produce up to two kilowatts and features two covered outlets located inside the bed that allow customers to power items such as lights, television, reciprocating saw, chainsaw or fan
- 2025 Ram 1500 embodies a contemporary exterior design aesthetic telegraphing a bold, heroic presence
- Most technologically advanced Ram 1500 ever offers a host of leading-edge features incorporated into the segment’s best interior, including the advanced Uconnect 5 system with the most screen coverage in the segment comprised of a new 14.5-inch touchscreen, a segment-first 10.25-inch passenger screen, 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, digital rearview mirror and Head-up Display (HUD). Available class-exclusive dual wireless phone charging pad and Smart Phone as a Key technology
- Available Hands-free Driving Assist provides Level 2+ (L2+) automated driving capability and affirms the company’s march toward an autonomous future
- New Ram 1500 RHO to join lineup in Q3 2024 with 540 horsepower Hurricane H/O, reinforcing America’s leading off-road and performance truck lineup
- 2025 Ram 1500 launch, with all-new Hurricane engine family, is a critical step in the strategy outlined in the Stellantis long-term strategic plan Dare Forward 2030
Nov. 9, 2023, Auburn Hills, Mich. – The new 2025 Ram 1500 makes its global debut today featuring an all-new 3.0-liter Hurricane engine family that brings the Ram lineup even more standard power, more performance and improved fuel efficiency.
“The new 2025 Ram 1500 brings our customers more: more power, more performance and more fuel efficiency with our all-new 3.0-liter Hurricane engines,” said Tim Kuniskis, Ram brand CEO – Stellantis. “With a choice of new and proven gas engines or our upcoming electric truck offerings, Ram is built to serve truck buyers everywhere. Our new powertrain offerings add to the unique combination of bold styling, leading-edge innovation and technology, durability and capability Ram customers have come to know and love.”
The 2025 Ram 1500 offers customers three engine options, including the all-new 3.0-liter Hurricane and 3.0-liter Hurricane High Output Straight-Six Turbo (SST) engines from the Stellantis Hurricane Twin-turbo family, the most powerful six-cylinders in the segment, and the award-winning 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 eTorque. The all-new 3.0-liter Hurricane engine is rated at 420 horsepower and 469 lb.-ft. of torque, while the High Output engine is rated at 540 horsepower and 521 lb.-ft. of torque. Capability includes a maximum towing capacity of 11,580 pounds, a maximum payload of 2,300 pounds and up to 24-inches of water fording.
An all-new, ultra-premium Tungsten model joins the 2025 Ram 1500 lineup, that also includes Big Horn/Lone Star, Laramie, Rebel, and Limited models.
In Q3 2024, a new Ram 1500 RHO will join the lineup with the 540 horsepower Hurricane H/O, reinforcing America’s leading off-road and performance truck lineup.
The entire Ram lineup will offer customers benchmark gas and electric vehicles that get the hard work done and families where they need to go. Ram is committed to innovation and powertrain leadership with a lineup that consists of anything and everything truck buyers want and need.
Ram 1500 is part of Ram’s significant contribution to Stellantis’ Dare Forward 2030 strategic plan to lead the way the world moves by delivering innovative, clean, safe and affordable mobility solutions. Reducing greenhouse gas emissions is a key element of the Stellantis Dare Forward 2030 strategic plan. Stellantis is committed to cut its carbon footprint by 50 percent by 2030 all while achieving Net Carbon Zero by 2038.
Built in Sterling Heights, Mich., the 2025 Ram 1500 is scheduled to arrive in the Middle east in the second quarter of 2024, with pricing details to follow its sales launch.
State-of-the-art Hurricane engine family delivers big-engine power with more performance, improved fuel efficiency and reduced emissions
The 2025 Ram 1500 offers the all-new 3.0-liter Hurricane Standard Output and High Output engines. These new engines, members of the Stellantis Hurricane Twin-turbo family and the most powerful six-cylinders in the segment, deliver enhanced fuel economy and fewer emissions while generating more horsepower and torque than other naturally aspirated V-8 and boosted six-cylinder engines in the light-duty segment.
The all-new 3.0-liter Hurricane engines join the 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 in the Ram 1500 lineup. All three engine options offered with the 2025 Ram 1500 are paired with a TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission that optimizes smooth shift changes for fuel economy, performance and drivability.
The foundation of the Hurricane engine is a deep-skirt cast-aluminum block with a structural aluminum alloy oil pan. The strongest Ram engine ever utilizes cross-bolted steel main bearing caps to contain the strong rotating assembly of a forged steel crankshaft and forged steel connecting rods. During manufacturing the block is deck-plate honed to optimize the cylinder bore shape, which helps improve fuel efficiency.
Stellantis propulsion system engineers employed state-of-the-art technologies to deliver reduced emissions and attain big-engine power, including:
- Two low-inertia, high-flow turbochargers, optimized for each engine, feed three cylinders for rapid response to throttle inputs
- Plasma transfer wire arc (spray bore) coating in the cylinder bores for an ultra-thin, low-friction wear surface
- High-pressure (5,075 psi/350 bar) direct fuel injection
- Engine-mounted water-to-air charge cooler with a dedicated cooling circuit
The 3.0-liter Hurricane engines are produced at Stellantis’ Saltillo Engine Plant in Mexico.
New rear axle offers increased performance, durability and efficiency
The 2025 Ram 1500 features a new high torque rear axle to further enhance ride quality for trucks equipped with the 3.0-liter Hurricane H/O engine. Available in 4WD, a traditional open or limited-slip differential automatically divides torque among the rear wheels to maximize traction available at each wheel. An available electronic locking rear differential gives the driver the ability to lock or unlock the differential on demand, providing enhanced traction to the vehicle when needed.
Ram 1500 offers a 3.55 or 3.92 axle ratio allowing customers to optimize fuel economy and vehicle capability.
Drivers will enjoy class-leading ride and handling via a double wishbone front suspension and five-link solid rear axle with available, segment-exclusive, active-level, four-corner air suspension. The adjustable air suspension enables up to five different modes: entry/exit, aero, normal, off-road 1 and off-road 2.
Contemporary design aesthetic telegraphs bold, heroic presence
The 2025 Ram 1500 features a refreshed contemporary design, with a bold new grille and sleek aerodynamics. Premium LED headlamps and a distinctive R-A-M badge elevate its appearance, with the grille offering eight variations. The truck’s profile is unified by a side character line, and improved aerodynamics are achieved with a smoother bed and cab design. New jewel-like tail lamps, some with Blind-spot Monitoring, enhance safety, while the power tailgate introduces obstacle detection for convenience. The RamBox cargo management system remains a unique offering, now with a 115-volt outlet and bed organization options. The Ram 1500 comes in nine colors, including Diamond Black and Billet Silver.
New ultra-premium Ram 1500 Tungsten sits atop the light-duty lineup with high-quality authentic materials
The 2025 Ram 1500 Tungsten offers an ultra-premium experience, combining luxury with the Ram 1500’s robustness. It features a new power tailgate, premium LED taillights, and a modern R-A-M badge. The high-end Indigo/Sea Salt interior boasts Natura Plus leather seats with 24-way power, including massage function, suede-wrapped headliner, unique metal accents, and a VIN-displaying Tungsten badge. Enhanced with a Klipsch audio system, dual wireless chargers, and metal pedals, the Tungsten model redefines truck luxury.
New Ram 1500 interior offers authentic materials while staying true to Ram’s hardworking nature
The new 2025 Ram 1500 sets the benchmark for pickup truck interiors once again with a variety of authentic, premium materials that are both comfortable and durable.
In addition to the new Tungsten model, new heights are achieved with enhanced colors and materials seen throughout the 2025 Ram 1500 lineup, including:
- Bighorn/Lone Star features a new Gridiron paint with laser etching decorative trim accents on the dashboard, doors and console and new Gear Embossed seat insert accent material in Diesel Gray or Black
- Laramie features new Chevron film decorative trim accents and introduces a new optional Bison Brown/Sea Salt Gray two-tone interior in addition to the standard black interior
- Rebel features a new Red/Black Ombre mesh insert material on the standard cloth/vinyl seats
- Limited features new Black Ebony open pore real wood veneer decorative trim accents., Ram 1500 Limited features a new optional black/ebony red interior color package for a dramatic two-tone effect and massaging front seats
Other enhanced features include a push-button trailer steering knob and an accessory switch bank that, when equipped with the 14.5-inch touchscreen, uses full-time dedicated buttons on the bottom of the touchscreen combined with conventional physical controls directly off screen below.
Segment-defining interior loaded with advanced technology, comfort and innovative features
The new 2025 Ram 1500 features the latest, most advanced Uconnect system ever, with an improved 12-inch or new 14.5-inch touchscreen display and intuitive user experience. The Uconnect 5 system offers even more connected services and features for unmatched ease of use.
Highlights of the system include:
- Improved 12- inch touchscreen with higher resolution and new 14.5-inch reconfigurable touchscreen displays that feature split-screen capability for dual application operation.
- New segment-first 10.25-inch passenger screen with three major functions: co-pilot (navigation, device management), entertainment (via HDMI) and the ability to view the exterior vehicle cameras
- Advanced Atlantis electrical architecture enhances Uconnect 5 with operating speeds that are five times faster than the previous generation with more memory give and lightning-quick response to touchscreen input in as little as .05 seconds.
Other new innovative features include:
Active Driving Assist provides Ram 1500’s L2 hands-on automated driving with lane centering and adaptive cruise control. The enhanced Hands-free Driving Assist, L2+, allows hands-off navigation on approved roads, with features like automatic deceleration for curves and driver attention verification. The truck can be equipped with a 1.8-kilowatt onboard inverter, operational via the touchscreen or a switch, with two bed outlets, especially when paired with the new 3.0-liter Hurricane engine.
The Ram 1500 Passengers can enjoy a class-exclusive 10.25-inch screen for navigation, entertainment, and camera views. The truck comes with a customizable full-color Head-Up Display, a 12.3-inch digital gauge cluster, and dual wireless phone charging.
The new digital key technology allows smartphones or smartwatches to lock, unlock, and start the vehicle, with traditional key fobs as a backup. Owners manage access and can share digital keys while maintaining control.
Ultra-premium Klipsch Reference Premiere audio system provides exceptional sound quality
The new Ram 1500 Tungsten earns its place atop the lineup with an ultra-premium and best-in-class 1,228-watt Klipsch Reference Premiere audio system as standard equipment with stainless steel speaker covers and is the most powerful factory sound system available in a truck today. This system is the first automotive application of Klipsch and is the only P4 audio system available in a pickup truck.
Stunning audio performance is delivered through the exquisite, segment-exclusive Klipsch audio system, which employs a best-in-class 23 specifically tuned speakers, the most available speakers in the segment, including a high-performing 12-inch subwoofer and two one-inch titanium dome tweeters.
More than 100 available advanced safety and security features
The 2025 Ram 1500 prioritizes safety with over 100 features including a standard ParkView camera, stability control, and six airbags. Optional enhancements include Blind-spot Monitoring, adaptive cruise control, collision warning, park assist, and the Active Drive Assist system. Additional options encompass a 360-degree camera, Drowsiness Detection, Traffic Sign Recognition, and innovative lighting and sensor-based functionalities like automatic high beams and rain-sensing wipers.