Trims and Pricing
The powerful 2016 Dodge Challenger is available in eight potent trims:
- Dodge Challenger SXT – Starting at $29,795 MSRP
- Dodge Challenger SXT Plus – Starting at $33,795 MSRP
- Dodge Challenger R/T – Starting at $37,895 MSRP
- Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker – Starting at $40,895 MSRP
- Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker Scat Pack – Starting at $48,690 MSRP
- Dodge Challenger 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker – Starting at $49,895 MSRP
- Dodge Challenger SRT 392 – Starting at $55,495 MSRP
- Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat – Starting at $74,945 MSRP
Inspired by the sweeping lines of the iconic 1971 Dodge Challenger, the 2016 Dodge Challenger enjoys a similar split grille, round headlights, and split taillamps. The modern challenger also delivers halo LED head lamps and new appearance packages that include modern touches like the 20-inch gloss black aluminum wheels of the Blacktop Appearance Package, and the gloss black grille surround and distinctive rear striping of the Scat Pack Appearance Package. Buyers can also choose from a long list of custom wheel and color options to make their Challenger distinctively their own.
Drivers can select from one of four potent engines depending on trim:
- 3.6L V6 – The Challenger’s base engine is the 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine which can produce 305 horsepower and 268 lb-ft of peak torque and is mated with the TorqueFlite 8-speed automatic transmission.
- 5.7L HEMI – For a little more boost, drivers can step up to the 5.7L HEMI V8 with Variable Valve Timing (VVT). This engine can me mated to the 8-speed automatic transmission, or the TREMEC 6-speed manual transmission that helps to produce as much as 375 horsepower and 410 lb-ft of peak torque.
- 6.4L HEMI – Select models can be equipped with the powerful 6.4L SRT HEMI V8 engine that can deliver as much as 485 horsepower and 475 lb-ft of peak torque. This engine can also be equipped with the 8-speed automatic or 6-speed manual transmission.
- 6.2L Hellcat – For maximum power there’s the 6.2L Supercharged HEMI SRT Hellcat V8. This powerhouse can be equipped with the 8-speed automatic transmission, or the 6-speed manual transmission for a maximum output of 707 horsepower and 650 lb-ft of peak torque.
The 2016 Dodge Challenger provides Edmonton and St. Albert drivers with a host of personalized features such as:
- Race-Inspired Seating – Supportive seats with well-constructed side bolsters cradle you around corners and can be wrapped in either Napa leather or Laguna leather upholstery for maximum luxury. Drivers can choose standard seats or opt for heated and ventilated front seats.
- Push-Button Shifting – Select models can be outfitted with steering wheel mounted paddle shifters for a more interactive driving experience.
- Premium Command Centre – The Uconnect multimedia infotainment center with optional 8.4-inch touch screen puts music, navigation, and connectivity within easy reach, while the Bluetooth connectivity makes hands-free calling with your compatible smartphone effortless.
Advanced Safety Technologies
The 2016 Dodge Challenger delivers more than 70 standard and available features designed to keep drivers safe, including:
- Advanced Traction Control – 4-wheel antilock brakes, electronic stability control, Hill Start Assist, All-Speed Traction Control, Brake Assist, Rain Brake Support, and Ready-Alert Braking are all standard features on the Challenger.
- Advanced Warning Systems – Optional features like Blind-Spot Monitoring, Rear-Cross Path Detection, Forward Collision Warning, and Adaptive Cruise Control employ sensors to monitor the area around the Challenger and alert you of obstacles in the way.
- Race-Inspired Braking – The available Race-Designed Brembo brakes offer exceptional heat management for a fade resistant system that delivers a more responsive experience every time.
2016 Dodge Challenger Reviews
From the powerful V6 and V8 engines, to the comfortable interior space, there is little about the 2016 Dodge Challenger that doesn’t leave critics swooning:
- Edmunds – “So you’re thinking about the 2016 Dodge Challenger, eh? Here’s what you need to know first and foremost: It’s awesome.”
- The Car Connection – “Living up to its muscle-car expectations, the 2016 Dodge Challenger packs big V-6 and V-8 engines under its hood, has rear-wheel drive, and handles well enough to feel controllable and secure.”
- Car and Driver – “From the excellent seats to the conical instrument dials and a clear, crisp TFT screen, the interior leaps well past those of previous Challengers in terms of design and quality of materials.”
Experience the 2016 Dodge Challenger at Your Friendly Edmonton and St. Albert Dodge Dealer Today
Get in touch with Derrick Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Ram at (780) 435-3611 to schedule a test drive of the 2016 Dodge Challenger of your choice or visit our showroom at 6211 104th Street in Edmonton, not far from St. Albert.