The 2016 Jeep Cherokee comes in four accessibly priced trim levels.
- 2016 Jeep Cherokee Sport: MSRP from $25,495
- 2016 Jeep Cherokee North: MSRP from $29,195
- 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk: MSRP from $33,695
- 2016 Jeep Cherokee Limited: MSRP from $32,695
When you buy the 2016 Jeep Cherokee, you’ll have your choice of two different powertrains, a variety of highly capable 4×4 systems, impressive off-road capabilities, and the ability to withstand the elements.
- Powertrains: The base engine on the Cherokee is a 2.4L inline-four that makes 184 hp and 171 lb-ft of torque. Those who want more power can find it in a 3.2L V6 that pumps out 271 hp and 239 lb-ft of torque. Both engines come paired to the segment’s only nine-speed automatic transmission
- 4×4 Systems: The Jeep Active Drive I offers excellent all-weather capabilities and maximizes fuel economy by only engaging the 4×4 system when needed. Upgrading to Jeep Active Drive II brings more low range capabilities for serious off-road performance. Trailhawk models come with Jeep Active Drive Lock, which has a locking rear differential for heavy-duty power at low speeds when you’re in immoderate weather or terrain conditions.
- Selec-Terrain: Every version of the Jeep Cherokee comes with this traction management system that lets you set your 4×4 system for Auto, Snow, Sport, Sand/Mud, and Rock conditions.
Trims and Features
Whether you’re looking to trek off-road with your buddies or get your family around town in style, there’s a version of the Jeep Cherokee that meets your needs.
- Sport: Riding on 17-inch wheels, the base trim comes with several standard amenities to keep everyone comfortable and entertained. Inside, you’ll enjoy cruise control, Bluetooth connectivity, a six-speaker stereo system, and a 60/40-split folding rear seat for maximum cargo capabilities. Northern climate drivers might also want to opt for a Cold Weather Group package, which includes a de-icer for your windshield, heated power mirrors, a heated steering wheel, and heated front seats.
- North: Moving up to the Latitude trim means you’ll roll around in style with alloy wheels, foglights, and body-colored mirrors and door handles. The interior design also gets updated with LED cabin lighting, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and available additions like a nine-speaker stereo and an 8.4-inch touchscreen with smartphone integration.
- Trailhawk: The Trailhawk is the most off-road ready model of the group, adding a hefty Active Drive II four-wheel drive system to the mix along with all-terrain tires on wider 17-inch wheels. This trim also gets leather seat trim, satellite radio, and the 8.4-inch Uconnect touchscreen as standard.
- Limited: Rounding out the lineup is the Limited trim. It rides on impressive 18-inch alloy wheels and comes standard with keyless entry and start, leather upholstery, dual-zone climate control, a power driver seat, and a remote ignition system. You can also opt for a Luxury Group for upgraded leather upholstery, memorized driver seat settings, and front seats with heating and ventilation.
The word is out about the 2016 Jeep Cherokee, and there’s plenty of praise to go around.
- Edmunds: “The 2016 Cherokee can deliver plenty of off-roading capability, but the bigger story is that it’s civilized and comfortable enough to drive to work every day.”
- Left Lane News: “Jeep has dusted off its storied Cherokee nameplate to create a thoroughly modern and radically-styled midsize crossover… [T]he Cherokee…impresses with an industry-first nine-speed automatic, loads of safety features and three available four-wheel-drive systems.”
- The Car Connection: “Jeep has managed to built a surprising amount of ruggedness and off-road ability onto a package that’s designed primarily for families, road trips, and the daily grind.”
Every version of the 2016 Jeep Cherokee comes with the Selec-Terrain system for better handling in extreme weather conditions. Also standard are hill start assist and ten airbags inside the cabin. Drivers looking for even more safety on the road can add driver assist features like forward collision warning, blind spot monitoring, rear-cross traffic alerts, and adaptive cruise control.
Maximize Performance with the 2016 Jeep Cherokee
If you think the 2016 Jeep Cherokee is the crossover SUV that you need, then come get behind the wheel at Derrick Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM at 6211 104th St. in Edmonton, AB. Contact us seven days a week, and don’t forget to take advantage of our competitive financing offers!