Trims and Pricing
The family-friendly 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee is available in five attractive trims:
- 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo – Starting at $42,895* MSRP
- 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited – Starting at $51,195* MSRP
- 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland – Starting at $59,995* MSRP
- 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit – Starting at $64,995* MSRP
- 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT – Starting at $71,195* MSRP
The 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee gives drivers plenty of reasons to get excited, with features that include:
- Visibility – Projector fog lamps, LED taillights, and automatic quad halogen projector headlamps are standard. Select trims also offer LED daytime running lamps, Bi-xenon HID headlamps, and power heated mirrors with integrated turn signals.
- Access – The Jeep offers a power liftgate on the Limited and above that makes reaching the rear cargo area a snap, while other features like the standard roof rack with side rails, make storing and loading gear quick and simple.
- Style – Options like the body-coloured fender flares, bright exhaust tips, bright front fascia accents, bright grille with chrome inserts, and Command-View Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof make it easy to build a Jeep that is uniquely your own.
The Jeep Grand Cherokee offers four potent powerplants depending on trim level:
- Pentastar V6 – The 3.6L Pentastar VVT V6 powerplant with ESS delivers 290 hp and 260 lb.-ft. of torque while getting 10 L/100km highway and 14 L/100km city fuel economy.
- FuelSaver V8 – The 5.7L VVT V8 engine can produce as much as 360 hp and 390 lb.-ft. of torque while getting an estimated 12 L/100km on the highway and 17 L/100km in the city.
- EcoDiesel V6 – The 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 powerplant creates 240 hp and 420 lb.-ft. of torque while delivering an estimated 10 L/100km highway and 14 L/10km city efficiency.
- HEMI V8 – The 6.4L SRT HEMI V8 engine with fuel saver MDS generates 475 hp and up to 470 lb.-ft. torque while getting 12.6 L/100km highway and 18.5 L/100km city fuel economy.
Each engine is mated to the 8-speed automatic transmission with E-shift, offering best in class towing of up to 3,265 kg when properly equipped.
Interior Design and Features
The 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee offers abundant amenities like:
- Comfort – The Jeep’s seating features 12-way power adjustable driver’s seats with optional memory function, available leather upholstery, heated and ventilated seats, a leather-wrapped steering wheel with paddle shifters and audio controls, and more.
- Convenience – Power windows and doors are standard, as is dual-zone automatic climate control. Drivers get easy-access cargo space with standard 60/40 folding rear seats, and quick entry thanks to the Keyless Enter ‘n Go system with proximity key and pushbutton start.
- Technology – The Uconnect multimedia centre delivers, Bluetooth streaming audio, hands-free calling, and more. Uconnect is equipped with a 5-inch touchscreen on the Laredo and Limited trims, and 8.4-inch touchscreen on the Overland and above.
Advanced Safety Technologies
The Jeep Grand Cherokee is equipped with over 70 safety features that include:
- Traction Control Systems – Electronic Stability Control is standard on every trim, as are Hill Start Assist, Ready Alert Braking, 4-wheel ABS, All-Wheel Traction Control, Rain Brake Support and Trailer Sway Control.
- Seven Airbags – Advanced multistage driver and front passenger side-curtain airbags, supplemental side-curtain airbags, and driver’s knee blocker airbags are standard. Front active head restraints are available reduce back and neck injury in the event of a rear-end collision.
- Advanced Technology – Features like Blind-spot Monitoring, Rear Cross-path Detection, Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop, and Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking help prevent accidents, while the Enhanced Accident Response System will help occupants escape in the event they can’t access their phones to contact authorities.
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews
The Grand Cherokee is a favorite among automotive experts, as these reviews clearly show:
- Edmunds – “The 2016 Grand Cherokee is in its element on practically any surface, whether you’re zipping around the city or crawling up a tough trail.”
- Kelley Blue Book – “With ample ground clearance, good power and multiple off-road modes, the Grand Cherokee excels.”
- Left Lane News – “As one would expect of a proper Jeep, the Grand Cherokee’s off-roading abilities are exceptional, while an inviting interior and a platform co-developed with Mercedes-Benz give it the daily-driving refinement of a more expensive luxury vehicle.”
- Cars.com – “The seats are all-day comfortable, front and rear, available in top-quality premium leather, with more optional stitched leather covering the dash in higher trims.”
Experience the 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee at the Leading Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver Jeep Authority Today
To schedule a test drive of the 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Contact Derrick Dodge Chrysler, Jeep, Ram at (780) 435-3611. Calgary, Vancouver, and Edmonton are also invited to visit us in person at 6211 104th Street in Edmonton, AB.
*Price includes all fees and charges but not tax and financing costs. Rebates shown are FCA rebates and are subject to FCA rules and regulations. Some rebates may not be available depending on type of sale. Please see Dealer for details. Vehicles may not be exactly as shown. All financing is OAC. Please see Dealer for details. While every reasonable effort is made to ensure the accuracy of this information we are not responsible for any errors or omissions contained on these pages. Please verify any information in question with Derrick Dodge.