What Passenger Protection Features Are Included With the 2016 Dodge Challenger?
The 2016 Dodge Challenger isn’t just a high performance muscle car — it’s also packed with smart passenger protection safety features that can help prevent accidents on your Edmonton, Vancouver, or Calgary commute. If you’re looking for a stylish, fun-to-drive car that also offers advanced safety features, read on for the details, then consider checking out the Challenger here at Derrick Dodge.
A Suite of Passenger Protection Features
The Dodge Challenger, like all Dodge models, utilizes a variety of passenger protection technologies that can help prevent injuries in the event of a collision:
- Crumple zones are engineered into the body structure of the Challenger in order to absorb impact energy and redirect forces away from the passenger compartment in order to help reduce the chance of injuries.
- A solid frame of high strength steel is able to withstand crash forces, even in the event of a rollover, in order to provide protection for passengers in the event of an accident.
- Airbags are used throughout the cabin. These multistage driver and front passenger airbags help prevent injuries caused by crash forces, and also help reduce the chance of injuries caused by airbag forces. There are also supplemental front, side curtain, and rear airbags, all standard.
- Active Head Restraints are offered standard in the front seats. This smart feature helps prevent neck and spine injuries in the event of a rear end collision.
Other Challenger Highlights
The Challenger, though it places plenty of focus on securing the safety of its passengers, is also committed to providing a powerful, efficient, and enjoyable ride thanks to features such as:
- Performance: The 2016 Dodge Challenger is outfitted with a standard 3.6L V6 engine capable of 305 hp and 268 lb.-ft. of torque. Its second-tier 5.7L V8 can produce 372 hp and 400 lb.-ft. of torque, and drivers who opt for the top-tier 6.2L V8 powertrain enjoy a massive 707 hp and 650 lb.-ft. of torque.
- Efficiency: When properly equipped, the 2016 Challenger yields an EPA-estimated fuel economy of 19 mpg/city and 30 mpg/highway. Despite its rivetingly powerful engine, the Challenger still manages respectable efficiency when mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission. Higher level engines are available with either the eight-speed automatic or a six-speed manual transmission.
See the 2016 Dodge Challenger Passenger Protection Safety Features Near Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver
To test-drive the 2016 Dodge Challenger and see its passenger protection safety features, trust your leading Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver Dodge dealer, Derrick Dodge. We’re conveniently located at 6211 104th Street in Edmonton. Visit us or contact us online to find out more about the latest Dodge models today!